Indigenous Design Opportunity
Applications are being sought from Indigenous artists who are from or have a strong connection to the Northern Rivers or Mid North Coast regions interested in developing design assets that will be used to promote Social Futures services to the Indigenous community across the region.
Social Futures is a social justice organisation based in Northern NSW. Arts Northern Rivers is working with Social Futures to engage an Indigenous artist to develop design assets that will be used to promote services to the Indigenous community across the region. These services include: housing, health and disability support. The design assets will feature graphic elements that will engage members of the Indigenous community from a wide geographic area – including the Northern Rivers and mid North Coast regions. It is important that the final design assets are inclusive and mindful of this broad reach. We are seeking expressions of interest from Indigenous artists for the project.
If you are interested please fill in this form and supply 4 examples of your work.
Expressions of interest can be made by
- filling in this Expression of Interest form
- submitting 4 examples of your work
- print and post to Arts Northern Rivers PO Box 1127 Lismore 2480
- email [email protected]
- call us on 02 6621 4433
- the information submitted will be used to create a shortlist of four artists
- Shortlisted artists will develop a concept for the design assets based on a full brief provided
- A fee of $450 will be paid to each of the four artists to develop their concept
- Closing date for your expression of interest is 5pm Monday 7th May
- Artists shortlisted will be notified by Monday 14 May
- Social Futures will select one of the concepts to be developed into design assets
- the selected artist will work with a graphic designer to develop assets
- Social Futures will pay the artist a $2500 fee as part of an agreement allowing use of the work in perpetuity
(an agreement will be drawn up based on the National Association of Visual Arts and Arts Law best practice).
So if you are …
- an artist
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
We would love to hear from you!