Northern Rivers Artist Flood Appeal | Application Process
Following the devastating floods that hit the Northern Rivers region Arts Northern Rivers has partnered with Common Ground Byron Bay to support a crowd funding campaign to raise funds to support artists affected by the floods.
The goal is to reach $10,000 in donations and then to distribute these funds to artists or creative businesses that have lost essential materials or equipment that has affected their ability to generate income.
The campaign has raised just over $7,000 to date and we’re confident of reaching and possibly exceeding our $10,000 goal. To ensure these funds can flow as quickly as possible, Arts Northern Rivers has convened an independent panel to develop a set of guidelines for how these funds can be accessed as well as a simple application process.
The panel has announced a call for requests from artists and creative businesses in need and plans to begin distribution of funds as soon as possible.
We encourage people to apply early.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Artists who generate and rely on income from the sale of their work
- Individual artist, sole traders or small creative businesses who have lost vital materials or equipment in the flood, which has impacted on their ability to generate income from their work
- Artists who have lost materials and need financial support to reach time critical deadlines such as exhibitions, markets etc
- Artists, sole traders or small creative businesses that were not covered by flood or storm water insurance
HOW MUCH CAN BE APPLIED FOR?
- Up to $500 for individual artists
- Up to $1,000 for sole traders or small creative businesses
HOW DO I APPLY?
- A hard copy of the application form can be requested from Arts Northern Rivers at [email protected] or by calling (02) 6628 8120 from Monday 24 April
WHAT WILL I NEED TO SUPPLY?
- An ABN
- A breakdown of the items for which you are seeking financial support and the costs of these items
- Where possible quotes to support this
Images | Clayton Lloyd, Flawless Imaging and Common Ground Byron Bay