The best of CASP from 2019
From festivals and creative workshops, to theatrical productions, art installations and storytelling, the Country Arts Support Program (CASP) has recently brought to life some incredibly inspirational, talented and creative projects across regional, rural and remote NSW. “I am constantly amazed by the extraordinary results achieved in regional areas with a comparatively small amount of money,” stated CEO of Regional Arts NSW, Elizabeth Rogers.
CASP is an annual small grants program with a funding pool of $250,000 per year, provided by Create NSW, administered by Regional Arts NSW and assessed by the Regional Arts Development Organisations (RADOs).
Congratulations to the Arts Northern Rivers recipient, Byron Bay Youth Theatre. The In My Skin production explored issues of racism and prejudice and was created in response to youth and community audiences’ requests after Byron Youth Theatre’s previous production Here Today and Gone Tomorrow. The production’s focus was and remains a hot topic not only in Australia but world-wide with increase awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues, asylum seekers, refugees and right-wing groups and organisations inciting white supremacy.
See the best from across the state below:
- Arts Mid North Coast: Art Link Workshops, Bellingen Community Coast
- Arts Northern Rivers: In My Skin, Byron Bay Youth Theatre
- Arts North West: Stories Connect Community, New England Writers Centre
- Arts OutWest: The Armed Man, Allegri Singers
- Arts Upper Hunter: Community Ceramics Tile Project, Brand Grove School of Arts Inc.
- Eastern Riverina Arts: Salad Dayz, Halfway Print Fest
- Murray Arts: Speedforce Sessions Workshops
- Orana Arts: Creative Collection, Creative Collective
- Outback Arts: Pave the way to Gular, Gulargumbone Community Enterprises Co-op
- South East Arts: Community of Practices Emerging (COPE)
- Southern Tablelands Arts: Writer Days, Jugiong Small Schools
- South West Arts: Yarakuwa Indigenous KNowledge Centre Community Mural
- West Darling Arts: White Cliffs Music Festival
- Western Riverina Arts:On Common Ground, The CAD Factory
Image: In My Skin presented by Byron Youth Theatre at Byron Theatre