Artist Respite Program
Artists in recovery who have been affected by natural disasters in the Northern Rivers are invited to apply for free respite at the Grafton Regional Gallery. Accommodation and studio space is available up to one week between July 2023 – January 2024. This is an unpaid opportunity to take a break with no obligation to create work.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
– respite for up to one week
– free accommodation (1 x queen bed with kitchenette)
– free studio access (versatile light filled space available furnished or unfurnished with access to water and digital media facilities)
– opportunities to connect with the Grafton community and gallery team
– no artist fees are available for this program
Applications open: March 14
Applications close: May 9
Announcement: June 13
Respite opportunities: July 2023 – January 2024
Artists based in the Northern Rivers that have been affected by a natural disaster.
A simple online application form will seek the following information:
– artist name, postcode and contact details
– yes or no response to: have you been affected by a natural disaster in the Northern Rivers?
– up to 250 words about the benefit of respite to your practice
– preferred timeframes for respite
– links to online portfolio i.e. website, social media or google/dropbox folder