Applications Open for Micro Grants
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Arts Northern Rivers is offering Quick Response Micro Grants. Grants of up to $1,000 are available for independent practicing artists or organisations working across all art forms to support and maintain their creative endeavours and future planning.
Designed to support our arts and cultural community in unprecedented times, this funding aims to be as flexible as possible. Projects do not require a specific outcome but can focus on skills development or capacity-building.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the devastating impacts of the NSW lockdowns to our creative industry, artists in non-contributing council LGA’s (Tweed Shire and Ballina Shire) are eligible to apply. This micro grant initiative is inclusive of all artists within the Northern Rivers LGA’s of Ballina, Byron, Clarence Valley, Kyogle, Lismore, Richmond and Tweed.
• Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
• Be based in the shires of the Northern Rivers region (Byron, Ballina, Clarence Valley, Kyogle, Lismore, Richmond Valley and Tweed).
• You can be an individual, or an arts-based organisation.
• Your request must be arts related.
• Your request must be related to recent hardship through the effects of COVID-19 on your arts practice or arts business.
• The request must offer a way of improving the negative effects of COVID-19 to your arts practice or to your community.
We will consider a wide range of requests and aim to be as flexible as possible. Ideas for projects must adhere to COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing requirements but can include:
• Online workshop delivery or access to training to upskill you in online delivery.
• At home residency or online exhibition.
• Equipment or materials required to deliver the activity or development.
• New ways of marketing or sharing your arts business.
This funding will NOT support:
• Competitions, Awards, Prizes, Judging.
• Fundraising events.
• General operating expenses or ongoing costs of long-term continuous projects.
• Projects that have commenced or are completed.
• Activities which could be considered part of the curriculum for schools or tertiary institutions.
• Non-arts related activities.
• Applications open Wednesday 8 September 2021
• Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 22 September 2021
• Successful recipients will be notified by 6 October 2021
• Successful applicants need to return signed funding agreements with an invoice to Arts Northern Rivers for the amount granted.
• Projects can begin from Thursday 7 October 2021, following completion of agreement.
• Expenditure completed by 10 November 2021
• Acquittal Submitted by 30 November 2021