Northern Rivers Creative Exhibition Callout
The weekend pop-up exhibition will open from Friday 7th May – Sunday 9th May and will feature up to 6 artists from the directory.
Exhibiting artists will receive a participation fee of $500 (yes, paid) and a feature in the May issue of national publication Art Edit Magazine, who Northern Rivers Creative have partnered with to feature a three-page story about the exhibition and exhibiting artists.
Applicants must have a published Northern Rivers Creative profile adhering to the directory’s eligibility requirements to be considered. Apply now to be eligible.
Considering the quick turnaround, we are seeking either finished works or works that will be completed and ready to hang by Thursday the 6th of May.
Theme – Breaking Boundaries
Designed to showcase regional artists to global audiences, the Northern Rivers Creative directory has been breaking regional boundaries since its launch in 2019 by connecting the region’s thriving creatives with new clients and opportunities.
We’re looking for artists to respond to and expand the theme of Breaking Boundaries. We encourage creative responses to this theme, welcoming artists who are challenging perceptions of art or boundaries of making art to apply.
What to include in your expression of interest:
- Artist Statement including response to the exhibition theme (one page only). This statement is intended to explain, justify, and contextualise your body of work. This should explain how the formal and conceptual ideas for your exhibiting works respond to the theme and include details of all proposed artworks.
- Artist CV (one page only).
- 3 examples of your work including title, medium, size in cms.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must have a published Northern Rivers Creative profile adhering to the directory’s eligibility requirements to be considered.
- Applications are assessed by a panel of Arts Northern Rivers staff.
- Applications are considered on artist statements/responses to the exhibition theme, merit, support images and text.
- The exhibition will be curated by Arts Northern Rivers Communications Manager, Ingrid Wilson.
- The applicant grants Arts Northern Rivers and Northern Rivers Creative the rights to reproduce the artworks, publish the artworks or communicate the artworks to the public for the purpose of publicity and production of any promotional material, including hard copy printed material, website and social media platforms and other hard copy and online opportunities.
- The applicant warrants that the applicant/s is/are the owner/s of all copyright in the artworks or has obtained the necessary permissions for the use of the artworks under this EOI.
- All artworks will be hung exclusively using the dedicated hook and wire system. Artists will present artworks ready to hang with D-rings and identified with the artist name and title of the work.
- Exhibiting artists are responsible for the delivery of the work between 10am-12pm Thursday May 6th, and for the collection of their work between 10am-12pm Monday May 10th.
- Northern Rivers Creative will exercise all reasonable care with exhibited works but will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any work exhibited. It is recommended that exhibitors have insurance.
Applications close 19th April.
To apply email email@example.com with the subject: Breaking Boundaries EOI